CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] monitor problems

"Carey L. Culpepper" wrote:

> Today I decided to hook up my "shop computor" and save the laptop which
> has been running my CNC lathe for other purposes. I loaded CNCPro and
> went to run it only to discover that the Dell/Sony trinitron monitor
> won't function in MSDOS mode. In fact it only displays when the Windows
> 98 blue screen appears as Windows does its final loading. No windows
> logo or anything other than a clicking that sounds like a gieger(sp?)
> counter. Then blink-a fully functioning Windows. I plugged in an old
> (out of focus) monitor to see if it was the computor but it funtioned
> without problem in DOS mode . Plugged the Dell monitor back in and
> nothing but clicking and a black screen. I checked the Windows settings
> to make sure that the correct monitor was specified and that it had the
> latest drivers. What am I missing here? Works in Windows but not in DOS.
> I checked through all of the FAQ's on the Dell website to no avail.
> Anyone have any ideas?
> The computor is a 450mhz Intel system with a Trident video card. Dell
> D1025HT monitor. Carey

Trident has excellent diagnostics and setup programs. there is a setup
program that allows you to take any standard video mode and change
the horizontal and vertical frequencies to match your monitor. You
need to install a special DOS driver that replaces (or adds to) the
existing code in DOS. The setup program then puts changed values
into that driver so that whenever that video mode is dosplayed,
your changed values are used instead of the DOS defaults. You sometimes
have to do a little detective work to figure out what video mode is being
used in a particular display. I used it to change the freqs on some
Windows graphics modes, but I do remember that all the standard
text screens are in there, too. I vaguely remember the program is
called TVGAUTIL or something like that.

Carey L. Culpepper 2001-11-07 20:19:25 UTC monitor problems ccs@m... 2001-11-07 20:30:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] monitor problems Carey L. Culpepper 2001-11-07 20:56:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] monitor problems Jon Elson 2001-11-07 21:06:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] monitor problems Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-11-08 12:28:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] monitor problems Carey L. Culpepper 2001-11-08 14:49:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] monitor problems