CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Dolphin support for step/direction?

Posted by mszollar
on 2001-12-06 15:40:22 UTC
Yes, this helps but I think you may have misinterpretted part of my
question; When I asked about the dimension I was refering to the
ability to add a rectangle by entering dimentions (e.g., 0,0,2,3 for
a 2"x3" rectange at x/y 0,0). I now understand the CAM issue;
thanks. My last question was more towards which is best; for
instance is I'm using PNC or DeksNC what should I select as the
postprocessor as programs like these are not listed. I'm guessing
there is a compatible selection but if someone has already figured
out a cross reference it beats the heck out of trial and error.

Thanks for you response.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "follicely_challenged"
<dave_pearson@b...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "mszollar" <mszollar@g...> wrote:
> > With all the chat about Dolphin (and since I myself am looking at
> > what cad/cam to use for soon to have cnc conversion) I thought
that
> > would take a look at the demo of Dolphin PartMaster. 1st off
it's
> > relly nice (IMO); I've tried many programs (demos) and the only
> down
> > I've seen (in my limited playing) is the (apparent) inability to
> > specify dimentions with the keyboard (It's hard to be accurate
with
> > the mouse on small stuff).
> I'm not quite sure what you mean, but the dimensioning is very easy
> (when you know how), for a single element, select what type of
> dimension you require from the toolbar e.g. horizontal/vertical
line,
> circle, arc etc. and click on the element, drag to position, then
> click.
> If you want to dimension between two points for example, then you
> must press 'Shift' when you click on the first point. TIP,
> Select 'View' and click on 'near points' this puts a red marker at
> all intersections. There is also context sensitive help at the
bottom
> left of the screen.
> If you wish to enter your own text, select the dimension
properties,
> select text format, and check 'insert user defined text'.
> > The demo fails to start the mill program
> > from the menu (error dialog that won't go away)
> The demo mode does not allow you to save, the link through to the
Cam
> system requires the drawing to be saved before it links through, it
> cannot save, so it cannot link. You will have to run the Cam system
> from its own icon.
> > but the real killer
> > is the generated NC. If your using step/direction what option
> > what "post processor" should I use?
> The Dolphin system is purely CadCam, it is not a CNC controller
> (yet?) the post processor you select depends on which controller
you
> are using.
> I hope this helps
>
> Dave Pearson

Discussion Thread

mszollar 2001-12-05 18:39:32 UTC Dolphin support for step/direction? follicely_challenged 2001-12-06 11:15:57 UTC Re: Dolphin support for step/direction? mszollar 2001-12-06 15:40:22 UTC Re: Dolphin support for step/direction? follicely_challenged 2001-12-06 23:38:13 UTC Re: Dolphin support for step/direction?