CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emco Compact 5 conversion

Posted by wanliker@a...
on 2001-12-09 10:57:08 UTC
In a message dated 12/9/2001 4:54:09 AM Mountain Standard Time,
John.Olson@... writes:

> Has anyone out there done this? I've got just enough electrics/electronics
> knowledge to be dangerous. Doing the conversion would be no problem, but
> getting it right in the planning stage would be.

I have a PC model that I am planning on doing the same to, I am going to use
Gecko 320's and servos. The reason I am going this route is that I will able
do a little replugging on the back side, and run my mill when needed. Also
the system will have both, step and direction, and servo outputs available
for future use, on other machines/projects. The one issue not solved yet is
threading.........
look in the files and Faq sections, there are several things that should be
helpful also.
bill

John Olson 2001-12-09 03:48:25 UTC Emco Compact 5 conversion wanliker@a... 2001-12-09 10:57:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emco Compact 5 conversion