CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Subject: Re: Linear motion design Q

Posted by y2patmat
on 2001-12-13 05:03:26 UTC
Sounds too good...
How do you make an antibacklash nut for parts like this?
I'm a newbie, but I hear that software can correct for basic lead
errors... is correction possible for backlash too?

For significantly more $$$, I see that McMaster has a 6 foot
leadscrew with PLASTIC antibacklash nuts. Screw is comparable to
typical ballscrew stock, abou $100 for 6 feet (would handle all 3
axes on my planned machine), and abl nutz are about $25 each, way
less than ball nuts.
Anyone ever try this stuff?

patmat

> Just thought you might be interested in the Acme threaded rods that
Enco has
> in their latest flyer. Looks like they might be just the ticket for
those who
> want to do CNC routers. A six foot long 3/4"-6 screw is only $12.69
and the
> nuts are $1.99 each.
>
> Enco's web site is at www.use-enco.com/
>
> The sizes range from 1/2-10 up to 1 1/2-4. They sell them in 3' and
6' pieces.
> Just an FYI from the middle of the desert!
>
> Have fun!
> Larry Allen
> Glendale, AZ

Discussion Thread