CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Dual booting w/EMC -- definately an X config issue

on 2001-12-14 10:08:31 UTC
Chris Clough wrote:
> Ok - problem - I get this error "_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't
> connect: errno = 111"
> It displays this 9 times, and then says it's switching to runlevel 3,
> and then sends the TERM signal.
> I have a feeling this is a display problem - Dave - thoughts?
> -Chris

Yes, it is a display problem. The X11 error is due to the fact that a
program is trying to run (probably the login manager), but it cannot
find a local X-Server (i.e. GUI) to run on.

What video card do you have?

-- TheBS

P.S. Text-based "xf86config" is always useful for configuring XFree86
3.3.x (RedHat through 6.2, which I think the BDI is?), GUI-based
"xf86cfg" is nice for configuring XFree86 4.x (RedHat 7.0+), especially
for multicard/multimonitor.

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith mailto:b.j.smith@... chat:thebs413
Engineer AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc. http://www.linux-wlan.org

Discussion Thread

Bryan-TheBS-Smith 2001-12-14 10:08:31 UTC Re: Dual booting w/EMC -- definately an X config issue