CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Password

Posted by Paul
on 2001-12-14 13:25:24 UTC
Hi Tony

If you know your "root" password (if set during install), use this to log in.
If this is the one you've forgotten, then it is a problem. One thing to try -
At the LILO boot: prompt when you first switch on, type "linux S" then hit
enter. This will boot you straight in to a single user session as root
without any log in or passwords. To change the root password, use the command
"passwd" - For a user, it is "passwd <user name>".
When you have finished changing the passwords, use "init 5" to continue
booting in to the GUI login screen.

Regards, Paul.

On Friday 14 December 2001 1:33 am, antson20022 wrote:
> Thanks for all the help I got you folks in reguard to getting my
> monitor to work. It would have taken forever with out the help.
> However I have another challenge. I get to a screen that asks for my
> unser name and passwork. I forgot them. Do I have to reload the
> software and redo or is there a way to retrieve it. I guess I had a
> blonde moment.
>
> Tony

Discussion Thread

antson20022 2001-12-13 17:33:28 UTC Password Ray 2001-12-14 08:15:23 UTC Re: Password Paul 2001-12-14 13:25:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Password