CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridgeport CNC Overhaul

on 2001-12-19 23:42:35 UTC
Wally,
The Prototrak is a very capable CNC control, still sold widely
throughout the US and UK. It is aimed at the commercial rather than
the hobbyist end of the market, hence, the price of the spares.
When you say the control panel is shot, do you mean the 'keypad' on
the pendant, or do you mean the PC in the black cabinet on the back
of the machine.
I would explore the possibilities of repairing the control, before
replacing it. There are a lot of these controls out there, I would
expect that second-hand spares are available.

Try contacting Southwestern Industries in the US, or, XYZ Machine
Tools if you are in the UK, and see if they can help with second hand
parts, if you explain that you are a hobby machinist, you (may) get a
sympathetic helping hand.

HTH

Dave Pearson
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Wally6800@n... wrote:
> Hi Group,
> I just bought a Bridgeport Mill that is equipped with a
Prototrack Controller. While someone was repairing the control
pannel, it was destroyed and thrown out.

> Is it possible to set this machine up to run using a PC ?
>
> If it is, would those of you with a lot more experience than I have
be willing to share what I would have to do to make it into an
operating CNC Machine?

> I was told that a new pannel would cost about $1000.00.
>
> Thanks a million.
>
> Wally
> --

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/

Discussion Thread

Wally6800@n... 2001-12-18 17:45:08 UTC Bridgeport CNC Overhaul Sven Peter 2001-12-18 19:47:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport CNC Overhaul follicely_challenged 2001-12-19 23:42:35 UTC Re: Bridgeport CNC Overhaul