CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: New on EMC: How to set the steps per unit for each axis? for metric

on 2001-12-21 13:25:00 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "William Scalione" <wscalione@n...>
wrote:

> > Hello Bill,
> >
> > thanks for the answer.
> >
> > Oh, yes i have changed the "Linear value"
> > to 1.0000000.
> > (I tried to keep the digits on the same lentgh than the original
> > value)
> >
> > The BDI for EMC is 2.0
> > The kernel is 2.2.18. rtl3.0 and it is installed on a PII
233MHZ.

> > So as long as i keep the inch units the jog works but the lentgh
are
> > not correct. But when changed to unit 1 and other input value
> > couldnt get it working.
> >
> > I tried also changing Output value but i guess i is not needed
> > because encoders are not present.
> >
> > Any idea ? I am sorry but i am totally new to linux.
> >
> > thanks again,
> >
> > frank
> >

> Hi Frank,
>
> Well you have about exhausted all of my knowledge here too,
> There are units variables for each axis also, are they all set
> to 1? Did you try to put in a integer as opposed to a real number?
> Try 133 instead of 133.3, maybe it needs to be an integer.
> Just guessing here by the way.
>
> The original BDI had a problem with locking up on the first move
> after startup of EMC. It was a memory error of some type and
> has since been fixed. (It was an EMC problem, not a BDI problem)
> I think the problem was only if running steppermod. Not sure what
> the version numbers that had this problem were, but if you have
> the original you may wish to upgrade.
>
> You may want to go to the EMC list and you can attach your INI
> file for some folks to look at. This list will strip out
attachments, but
> the EMC list will allow them I believe. You may wish to rename
> it with a .txt extension as some are a little leary of attachments,
> with good reason I suppose.
>
> Bill

O.K. Thanks a lot for the tips, Bill. I will try it.

Have a good Christmas.

frank

Discussion Thread

William Scalione 2001-12-21 09:36:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New on EMC: How to set the steps per unit for each axis? for metric natural_born_cadler 2001-12-21 09:57:00 UTC Re: New on EMC: How to set the steps per unit for each axis? for metric William Scalione 2001-12-21 11:24:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: New on EMC: How to set the steps per unit for each axis? for metric natural_born_cadler 2001-12-21 13:25:00 UTC Re: New on EMC: How to set the steps per unit for each axis? for metric Ian Wright 2001-12-22 08:47:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: New on EMC: How to set the steps per unit for each axis? for metric