CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Looking for information on drawing sprockets...

on 2002-01-06 15:35:25 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "motoproto" <alleven@m...> wrote:
> Group,
>
> i'm planning to attempt to mill the tooth profile of a small (6 mm
> pitch) sprocket on my own blank using my maxnc 15cl. i know how to
> draw the bottom of the tooth profile (part of a circle), and i know
> the distance between these circles (pitch), but i'm wondering how
> critical the top half of the tooth profile is. i could probably
>wing
> it by trying to copy the one i have, but if anyone knows where to
> find the "proper" info, i would appreciate it.

Patrick,
Have a look at a program called Machinist mate at
http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/12662.html
This can draw one tooth form and save it as a DXF to bring into your
CAD program and then circular array it or copy / rotate it around a
circle to form a sprocket.

John S.

Discussion Thread

motoproto 2002-01-06 14:14:58 UTC Looking for information on drawing sprockets... Smoke 2002-01-06 14:23:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for information on drawing sprockets... Smoke 2002-01-06 15:07:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Looking for information on drawing sprockets... stevenson_engineers 2002-01-06 15:35:25 UTC Re: Looking for information on drawing sprockets...