CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: problem with estop

Posted by Travis Pierce
on 2002-01-11 15:41:43 UTC
Ray,
Thank you, I have changed the INI file with the
"MIN_LIMIT_SWITCH_POLARITY = 0" set to 0 I think
in the Handbook it tells about changing this to zero
to fool the limit switches, until to is working
properly, then switch them back.

I am running the BDI with the 6.0,6.1,6.2 linux rt.

I have the Tkemc as the start point and steppermod in
the module that I want to run.
I have nema 23 and nema 17 size stepper with 1.8
degree and 0.9 degree per/step.

The driver board that I am using is a driver board
that is a xerox printer driver board. It will run
both stepper s at 3 about amps continues. They will
handle the job.

I am trying to setup these using the par-port.

I have the pin-outs for emc stepper motors and I think
that I have it correct.

I do not know what clock pulse is coming from the
par-port. what I need to find out is if the clock is
at 4kHz or even 5kHz is fine for this driver board.

I have it functioning on a bench with approx. 4kHz
clock, using an OOPic controller. I was hoping that
EMC would be a good replacement so that I did not need
to write a lot of code.

If you have any more information, I would greatly
appreciate it.
Thank you,
Travis