CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Re: problem with estop

Posted by Ray
on 2002-01-11 18:40:44 UTC
Travis

>    From: Travis Pierce <topii2000@...>

>...I have changed the INI file with the
> "MIN_LIMIT_SWITCH_POLARITY =     0" set to 0 I think
> in the Handbook it tells about changing this to zero
> to fool the limit switches, until to is working
> properly, then switch them back.

I take it that it isn't going but is still giving you the message. If this
is the case, you might look at the min and max limit values. They are

MIN_LIMIT = -10.0
MAX_LIMIT = 10.0

You can make them very large until you get an axis connected and need the
endpoint protection.

> I am running the BDI with the 6.0,6.1,6.2 linux rt.
>
> I have the Tkemc as the start point and steppermod in
> the module that I want to run.
> I have nema 23 and nema 17 size stepper with 1.8
> degree and 0.9 degree per/step.

Okay. The only problem that you may encounter if this is a BDI 2.04 is that
ocasionally the EMC will freeze up the whole system when you try to jog the
first axis after a new start. It is a buffer overrun that we didn't find
until after April last year. If you see this, you can install the new emc
and rcslib rpms linked from the linuxcnc.org/bdi page.

> The driver board that I am using is a driver board
> that is a xerox printer driver board.  It will run
> both stepper s at 3 about amps continues. They will
> handle the job.
>
> I am trying to setup these using the par-port.
>
> I have the pin-outs for emc stepper motors and I think
> that I have it correct.

There is a script named IO_Show under the menu that will show the parport pin
conditions. It doesn't show every clock pulse 'cause it checks the pins at
the refresh rate of the gui. Direction shows and the clock pulses show an
interference pattern between the clock frequency and the refresh rate. The
same script will show switches if you have them connected.

> I do not know what clock pulse is coming from the
> par-port.  what I need to find out is if the clock is
> at 4kHz or even 5kHz is fine for this driver board.

This should be easy for the EMC if you have any pc speed at all. I've heard
of steppermod making 15k for some users. Freqmod may give you cleaner motion
but won't produce quite as high a clock rate.

> I have it functioning on a bench with approx. 4kHz
> clock, using an OOPic controller.  I was hoping that
> EMC would be a good replacement so that I did not need
> to write a lot of code.

HTH

Ray

Discussion Thread

topii2000 2002-01-10 18:46:55 UTC problem with estop Jon Elson 2002-01-10 21:52:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] problem with estop Ray 2002-01-11 06:01:58 UTC Re: problem with estop Travis Pierce 2002-01-11 15:41:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: problem with estop Ray 2002-01-11 18:40:44 UTC Re: Re: Re: problem with estop