CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: SV: EMC Kit

Ernst Aardal wrote:

> From: "Ernst Aardal" <ernst@...>
>
> HI!
> I realy hope that you will do this, I think that there are many people around
> the world that is looking for this. I, myself have spent many days trying to
> get redhat running without success. I have problems with my videocard.

Well, there's the rub, then. Building a kit won't do anything to alleviate this,
unless the kit includes the whole computer, too.

> Then when I have managed to make redhat running, what shal I do then???
> I am a windows or dos user and must have a lot of help to get this running.
> But I shal manage to do it, but with help of all in one cd and a readmefile
> that I can print out and then all the shematic and cabels explained. This
> would be much easyer. So please do it, make a complete cd to help us.

Well, unless you buy exactly the boards, video monitor, etc. that we would
specify, it won't work, because you have to customize for these choices.
And, we can't tell you what video board to buy, because by the time
we have tested it and gotten the parameters that make it work, these
exact boards will not be available, anymore. They really make them
with an incredibly short lifetime. I am guessing the Taiwan builders
of the video boards make a run of 1000 or so pieces with a particular
combination of clock chip, clock crystal, RAMDAC, memory, etc.
Anyway, it seems even mainstream video boards have this sort of
variation.

I was planning on making the major part of the kit to be all the wiring,
interface modules, cable breakouts, etc., not just the CD ROM.

Ernst Aardal 1999-11-04 09:23:21 UTC SV: EMC Kit Jon Elson 1999-11-04 13:44:27 UTC Re: SV: EMC Kit Ernst Aardal 1999-11-04 13:37:10 UTC SV: EMC Kit Steve Carlisle 1999-11-04 17:17:24 UTC Re: SV: EMC Kit Bertho Boman 1999-11-04 16:28:29 UTC Re: SV: EMC Kit Ray Henry 1999-11-04 20:55:58 UTC Re: SV: EMC Kit Jon Elson 1999-11-04 22:52:53 UTC Re: SV: EMC Kit