CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: digitizer from a mouse?

Posted by yethdear0
on 2002-01-18 19:13:41 UTC
Back in the good ole aircraft machining days, software like Autocad,
Computervision, Unigraphics, NCL and APT use to use a digitizing
tablet. This was a plastic drawing board with a magnetic stip inside.
Our mouse had a sight glass on top of it and cross hairs(like a bomb
sight). The mouse was also attached to the tablet via a cord and was
totaly useles unless sitting on its tablet. Most common was a 12X12
tablet that sat on our drafting tables but we also had 36X120 tablets
that we used for digitizing old B52 full scale mylar drawings into
CAD. We had tool bars drawn out and colored and then taped on top of
our tablets. Then we had to map out the toolbars and program the
icons.

God I feel fricken old!

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but it's been done and forgotten
about. Now there are high resolution scanners and raster to vector
translators that do all that work.

But I wish you luck in your project!

Happy toopaths!

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Smoke" <smoke@t...> wrote:
> If you look in the files section, you'll find a drawing of an easy
to make
> digitizer. You can build it whatever size you want.
>
> Smoke
>
> > I too want to build a digitizer, A big one. BUT, I am really
AFRAID to
> talk
> > about it on this NG.
> >
> > Chris L
> >
> > afogassa wrote:

Discussion Thread

afogassa 2002-01-18 15:04:21 UTC digitizer from a mouse? Chris L 2002-01-18 16:06:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] digitizer from a mouse? Smoke 2002-01-18 16:31:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] digitizer from a mouse? yethdear0 2002-01-18 19:13:41 UTC Re: digitizer from a mouse? ballendo 2002-01-19 06:12:20 UTC Re: digitizer from a mouse? Jon Elson 2002-01-19 21:21:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: digitizer from a mouse?