CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: digitizer from a mouse?

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-01-19 06:12:20 UTC
Fogassa,

Yes, several have tried this and it has been discussed on this list
at least a few times before... As Chris said, check the gorup
archives at the website online

The problem is simply that the mouse resolution is not typically high
enough to be of value for any but the "crudest" of parts... So while
it CAN (and has) been done, the result doesn't live up to the
expectations.

And to Yethdear, 12x12 tablet digitisers and table digitisers are
still alive and well in many segments of industry, so ya can't be
that old :-)

Hopefully everyone understands that what fogassa (and both Smokes'
and Chris's reply) is talking about is a digitising PROBE, and is
different from the CAD digitising "puck" and board that Yethdear
spoke of...

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. Yethdear, so you were in on the design/upgrades of the B-52?
(plz reply OFFlist)

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "afogassa" <afogassa@y...> wrote:
> Hi,everyone,
> I've being thinking about make a 2 axis Digitizer from a mouse
> encoder.
> it would use the mouse input and have two axis,kind like a manual
> gantry with a probe and the encoders atatched to the x and y
> axis,movement would be done by hand and the points into xy
> coordinates to rhino.
> it would take cross sections lines or points from the object and
> than via the mouse input it goes to the cad software.
> Anyone has tryed that?
> open to coments.
>
> fogassa.

Discussion Thread

afogassa 2002-01-18 15:04:21 UTC digitizer from a mouse? Chris L 2002-01-18 16:06:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] digitizer from a mouse? Smoke 2002-01-18 16:31:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] digitizer from a mouse? yethdear0 2002-01-18 19:13:41 UTC Re: digitizer from a mouse? ballendo 2002-01-19 06:12:20 UTC Re: digitizer from a mouse? Jon Elson 2002-01-19 21:21:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: digitizer from a mouse?