CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 237

Bill Wainwright wrote:

> From: Bill Wainwright <billmw@...>
>
> If you are looking for a way to interface EMC or any other step and direction
> output software to your amps, I have circuit that might help to do this without
> the need for the Servotogo card. although the Servotogo card is a more powerful
> solution than the circuit I am referring to, it is quite a bit more expensive.
> I bought a pentium 100 for $85 at boeing surplus and Dan Mauch from
> Camtronics, loaded linux and EMC on it for me and it was making my motors
> turn in no time at all.

But, I believe the original message was about running a servo system, not
steppers, with direct analog drive, not a step/direction to servo conversion.

> > [Yes, this does sound like what I need. I am definitely interested. I think
> > the servos and amps are still functional, so all I'd need would be EMC -
> > preferably loaded onto a computer and working, with a CD "rescue disk" as a
> > backup, a STG board, the Estop board you mention, wires and cables, and

Andrew Werby 1999-11-04 08:50:14 UTC Re: Digest Number 237 Bill Wainwright 1999-11-04 22:25:37 UTC Re: Digest Number 237 Jon Elson 1999-11-04 22:35:54 UTC Re: Digest Number 237 Jon Elson 1999-11-05 12:51:17 UTC Re: Digest Number 237