CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Talking to external cnc devices

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-01-23 21:07:02 UTC
ccs@... wrote:

(snip) - I don't want to find 'all your gcodes are belong to us' engraved on my
mill table one morning.

Now that is funny !

> On the other hand, it would be really cool to have a web interface to
> a cnc machine tool for demonstration purposes!

(snip a little more)

I have been spending some time in MS Access and its unbelievable VB capabilities.
I was thinking that INDEXER LPT, because of its type of code and capability to
"operate" just by sending the commands to >motor>, Might make for an interesting
project. When you couple the concept of "DataBase Driven WebSite" to Access, and
then a CNC machine, your Web interface to run a tool is not all that far off ! You
can have an on-line database accept changes from a browser, which in turn
synchronizes an In-house database and then fires of the commands to Indexers Tsr.

Now that is interesting........................ I gotta go and order up that T1
line!

One place this might be really nice is when demonstrating machines to schools for
purchase. I do not know about your area, but some of the sales jockeys have really
stuck it to the schools with crappy little no name machines that only work for
rocket scientists. (our local teachers do not meet the criteria) One could "take"
the whole class including the principal to Computer lab and make a sale !

Chris L

Discussion Thread

ccs@m... 2002-01-23 20:27:04 UTC Re: Talking to external cnc devices Chris L 2002-01-23 21:07:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Talking to external cnc devices Tony Jeffree 2002-01-24 06:01:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Talking to external cnc devices Mr. sausage 2002-01-24 08:57:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Talking to external cnc devices Jon Elson 2002-01-24 10:35:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Talking to external cnc devices stevenson_engineers 2002-01-24 11:22:33 UTC Re: Talking to external cnc devices