CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Talking to external cnc devices

Posted by Tony Jeffree
on 2002-01-24 06:01:49 UTC
Ethernet has also crossed my mind as a good option for this - however, I
don't think anyone in their right mind would attach a machine tool to an
Ethernet that had any possibility of being "hacked" from outside - or
indeed to any intranet where the behaviour of the network might be
adversely affected by the guy in the next cube playing the latest video
game, or whatever.

Anyone successfully interfaced a PIC to Ethernet?