CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Ball screws

Posted by Ray Henry
on 1999-11-12 06:33:36 UTC
Tom

If this conversion is destined to be run by EMC a consistent/cumulative
ball screw error can be accounted for in the .ini file by changing either
the pulses per unit or the definition of inch. You could set this for each
axis.

There was also some talk about writing in a leadscrew error compensation
table but don't hold your breath.

Ray

> From: Jon Elson <jmelson@...>
>Subject: Re: Re: Ball screws
>
>> Thanks Bob,
>>
>> I'll give Rockford a call. If they have my size, this will fill the bill.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> >Rockford Ball Screw Co. sells a preloaded ballscrew setup for the
>> >Bridgeport
>> >for $650. The screws are rolled - .003" per inch lead accuracy. Just
remove

>I should point out that if this is cumulative, .003" / INCH is .036"/
Foot, if you
>have 2 feet of travel, this is an error of .072", which is astoundingly bad.
>My massively worn 1941 Bridgeport with the original screws was better than
>this, even if you were reading off the wrong side of the backlash!

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 1999-11-12 06:33:36 UTC Re: Ball screws