CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Encoders - how to tell PPR

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-02-04 09:37:18 UTC
Hello,

How about a logic probe and your eyes? If it's a real high count, it
will be hard to turn slowly enough, but by using a large diameter
disk to turn the encoder (can be cardboard) you should be able to get
close.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. Some types can be opened up. Count the slots.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "valrox1" <tcsibor@v...> wrote:
> Can anyone help me with some information as to how to tell the PPR
on
> an encoder without any specifications? I recently bought some
surplus
> servo motors with encoders, but there are absoltely no
specifications
> on it.
>
> I do not have a scope. Can someone recommend any simple circuit I
> could put togeteher to read in through the parallel port and get a
> count?
>

> Thank you
> Tom Csibor

Discussion Thread

valrox1 2002-02-03 22:35:50 UTC Encoders - how to tell PPR ballendo 2002-02-04 09:37:18 UTC Re: Encoders - how to tell PPR Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-04 11:09:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Encoders - how to tell PPR