CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Set-up tooling left in spindle-collet

Posted by CL
on 2002-02-05 13:50:28 UTC
The Perske survived the issue even though it was probably a full 60 seconds for me
to get to the main disconnect on the wall (yes I lost machine 0,0 :-) ). The main
switch was directly in the danger zone but I felt better getting to that than
anything right at the control. the E-Stop switch is on the Gantry and I was NOT
going to get that close.

Vibration was incredible and I do recall something hit the part being made so it
was scrapped.

Your "collet wrench back in the holder switch" would be a pretty good idea, though
a collet wrench in this case would have flown off before any real RPM was
developed. This was an extemely off balance item clamped in the spindle in the
chuck. I couldn't think of the proper name before but the holder was an "Indicol",
that and one SHOT "Interapid" too.

My office was on the other side of the window. I thought it would have been nice
to mount a remote "KILL" switch (E-Stop) where I sat in the office while most jobs
were running. That way, if it ever happened again, I would not have to make
believe I am a Super Hero and save the day. I don't work there no more, yippee.

Dismissal ? Well, I find that when you have a guy who actually keeps himself busy,
BY HIMSELF, you have to keep him even with an occasional mistake. We have enough
that need "Hand Holding" all day long. The Boss says "we gotta use 'em the way
they are, not the way they ought to be" !

The "E-Stop" outside of the machine environment isn't a bad Idea...........Nor is
your keyholder switch !

Chris L