CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Set-up tooling left in spindle-collet

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-02-05 17:26:36 UTC
Drew,
Sounds like a good idea in the floor. You know, Clearly most machines only have a
"kill" switching device AT the machine. Especially the hobby guys.

Might not be a bad Idea for everyone to take the idea of running an E-Stop wire to a
location * Not anywhere near the machine. At least then any potential projectile will
be lessened, because it hits you while on the run! Most every Control should allow
such a halt via low level switching. Those that do not, should have the main power
disconnect in an adjoining room.

I'm far from a Safety Freak, but, thinking back to that event has me thinking it only
takes one blow to the head to be off work forever.

I kinda like Work.

Chris L