CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] A Blue box, and Alan's Blackbox

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-02-12 21:15:52 UTC
I will look for your photos Alan. I like to collect various cabinets from
equipment that I think will hold cool stuff someday. those rackmounts are
precious to get your hands on, Especially if you can get ones that have
slides on them for easy access.

I guess I can get into this too.......

You see, Chris has a "Tan Box".

It is one of those really small APC battery backup cabinets ( 12" long x 4"
wide x 5.5" tall ) that turned to smoke. I took the smoky stuff out and
stuffed in the Power supply and 3 axis driver kit from StepperWorld. Very
snug fit but looks real cute with the SubMini OMRON mushroom head E-Stop
sticking out the front of the shapely plastic front.

I was able to wedge in a full 3" fan, One Solid State Relay and a 110 outlet.
The original Computer style recessed power plug, 3 amp breaker, and Power
switch will be used. the front panel has a single LED and Test switch I have
not figured out how to apply. I did not get to making a panel for the back
with the I/O plugs but will probably use some panel mount Molex for the
motors and a DB25 for incoming signals from the PC.

I'm not done with it but at least it matches a lot of other stuff laying
around here. I also do not have an immediate use for it either so again it
should feel right at home.

I hope to have it drive some brand new, really nice Vexta .09 step 118oz
motors I picked up. (they do not have a place to be mounted either!)

I will snap some photos too. It might give others some ideas.......

Chris L