CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Testing Step Motors

on 1999-11-18 08:34:22 UTC
I am using (for the time being) Microkinetics Millmaster with their Optistep
driver board. The software is OK but the jog mode does not have ramping.
The large motors will not respond to a step function (instant acceleration)
above crawling speed. Thus, jog spped must be set so low that jogging takes
forever.

I recently got a demo of CNCPro, which is supposed to have ramping in jog
mode. Haven't tried it on the machine yet. The interface seems friendly,
but the G-godes are wierd. I suppose this won't be too much problem if I
can get a post for Mastercam to work with it.

Can you explain what changes you made in software that cured your vibration
problem? We have a second Microkinetics system we want to use on a BOSS-5
and would rather avoid buying new amps (the upgrade period has expired on
this one).

Doug Harrison

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 1999-11-17 14:55:41 UTC Re: Testing Step Motors Harrison, Doug 1999-11-18 05:03:42 UTC RE: Testing Step Motors Matt Shaver 1999-11-18 08:09:31 UTC Re: Testing Step Motors Harrison, Doug 1999-11-18 08:34:22 UTC RE: Testing Step Motors Matt Shaver 1999-11-18 09:14:32 UTC Re: Testing Step Motors Harrison, Doug 1999-11-18 13:25:06 UTC RE: Testing Step Motors Harrison, Doug 1999-11-30 10:54:24 UTC RE: Testing Step Motors PTENGIN@x... 1999-11-30 12:20:49 UTC Re: Testing Step Motors