CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: extrusions and "potting"

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-02-18 16:28:22 UTC
If I were to think about incorporating Bearings to Existing Extrusions my
First attempt would simply be for 3/4" Closed Bearing or the nearest Metric
Equivalent without going smaller. Then, if the extrusion has gapping holes
around the outside of the bearing hole, I would pour them full of something
and attempt to slice open a slot in order to make and Open Bearing Slide. The
biggest problem with this as I have noticed is that the current extrusions
sizes that would let a 3/4" rail slide thru with a real bearing get way to
big in the Overall dimensions for my liking. Options I guess would be thin
Frelon Liners instead of Ball Bushings.

Either way, this is supposed to be the cheap option that matches the use of
1/2-13 threaded farmyard rod we used to tie the old Baler together when it
was necessary. Thin Liners in extrusions would still beat the heck out of
Drawer Slides !

Mr. B... Did you check out the Paletti Site ?? They have interesting Shapes

Chris L