CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emco Tool Turret

on 2002-02-22 23:47:44 UTC
Hi Mark,

I'm not sure, but I seem to remember a controller with a "PLC"
interface, which would allow one to start an external process, and wait
for it's completion. It might have been CNCpro?

Alan KM6VV

Mark Fraser wrote:

> I'd want to be able to use this in conjunction with CNCPro, for
> example, so that means an M-code which would drive some hardware
> and which would imply a "wait" for an appropriate time. Given
> that there's not likely an "I'm ready to go again" signal detection
> capability in cncpro, I'm hoping there's an M-code that would do.
>
> There would have to be some manually confirmed initialization
> for new running programs, and attention to details on loops and
> subroutines.
>
> I don't see the point in stepperizing it, just use a signal from
> the parallel port to drive the turret through "n" increments
> (i.e., "n" tool positions) as they appear in your program, and at
> the end of each cycle, the hardware backs the turret up to hold
> it in position. If there isn't an M code that implies a time
> delay, send a g1 line to an axis that isn't currently ON, with
> the feedrate suitable for the delay desired. Assuming we start
> at a "0" position, and it takes the turret 1 second to move to the
> next position, and the chosen axis has a feed rate of 1 inch/second,
> send it a G01 A0.5
> G01 A0
>
> for each increment. It's up to the coder to keep track. At least that
> is what *I* plan to do with mine.... /mark

Discussion Thread

Mark Fraser 2002-02-22 15:55:20 UTC Emco Tool Turret Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-22 23:47:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emco Tool Turret ballendo 2002-02-23 09:22:25 UTC plc compatibility was Re: Emco Tool Turret Chris L 2002-02-24 08:03:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] plc compatibility was Re: Emco Tool Turret