CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

plc compatibility was Re: Emco Tool Turret

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-02-23 09:22:25 UTC
Hello,

ah-Ha! definitely, and FLashcut, maybe... I don't think CncPRO does
this.

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I'm not sure, but I seem to remember a controller with a "PLC"
> interface, which would allow one to start an external process, and
wait
> for it's completion. It might have been CNCpro?
>
> Alan KM6VV
>
> Mark Fraser wrote:
> >
> > I'd want to be able to use this in conjunction with CNCPro, for
> > example, so that means an M-code which would drive some hardware
> > and which would imply a "wait" for an appropriate time. Given
> > that there's not likely an "I'm ready to go again" signal
detection
> > capability in cncpro, I'm hoping there's an M-code that would do.
> >
> > There would have to be some manually confirmed initialization
> > for new running programs, and attention to details on loops and
> > subroutines.
> >
> > I don't see the point in stepperizing it, just use a signal from
> > the parallel port to drive the turret through "n" increments
> > (i.e., "n" tool positions) as they appear in your program, and at
> > the end of each cycle, the hardware backs the turret up to hold
> > it in position. If there isn't an M code that implies a time
> > delay, send a g1 line to an axis that isn't currently ON, with
> > the feedrate suitable for the delay desired. Assuming we start
> > at a "0" position, and it takes the turret 1 second to move to
the
> > next position, and the chosen axis has a feed rate of 1
inch/second,
> > send it a G01 A0.5
> > G01 A0
> >
> > for each increment. It's up to the coder to keep track. At
least that
> > is what *I* plan to do with mine.... /mark

Discussion Thread

Mark Fraser 2002-02-22 15:55:20 UTC Emco Tool Turret Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-22 23:47:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Emco Tool Turret ballendo 2002-02-23 09:22:25 UTC plc compatibility was Re: Emco Tool Turret Chris L 2002-02-24 08:03:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] plc compatibility was Re: Emco Tool Turret