CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

How the tool moves Where will I go? What will I do? was Re: New to group

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-02-23 07:42:33 UTC
Hello,

Last question first.

There will Be! Finally...

My first book-which is a wide overview of CNC, with terminology,
processes, setups, techniques, programming, history, etc. answers
this, and many similar questions. An extensive glossary,
bibliography, and more* is included.

It is scheduled to be released by the time of the NAMES show, which
is in Late April. Following rather quickly on its heels will be the
second book, which is the technical details of building CNC machines.
(Book 2 may also even be at NAMES).

There is quite a bit more in the pipeline, which will be announced a
bit later... ;-) As well as additional details about these first two
books.

Ballendo

P.S. Now to your "other" question: The motors can be made to
freewheel; this will depend on the system design. You have to be
careful as the motors become generators when turned manually, and if
precautions are not taken, the electricity produced can "fry" your
drivers. But there are ways around this.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "jbolt001" <js3mc@a...> wrote:
<snip>
> This may be a silly question but here goes anyway. When the cnc is
> not in use (powered up) do the motors freewheel allowing manual
use?
<snip>
> I have some background in machining but cnc work seems like the
> thinking will be different i.e. how the tool moves etc.. Is there a
> good publication that covers this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jay

Discussion Thread

jbolt001 2002-02-21 22:03:37 UTC New to group and cnc ballendo 2002-02-22 07:45:27 UTC Re: New to group and cnc jbolt001 2002-02-22 13:03:01 UTC Re: New to group and cnc Carol & Jerry Jankura 2002-02-22 14:58:23 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: New to group and cnc Guy Sirois 2002-02-22 17:15:49 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: New to group and cnc ballendo 2002-02-23 07:42:33 UTC How the tool moves Where will I go? What will I do? was Re: New to group Matt Shaver 2002-02-23 08:39:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How the tool moves Where will I go? What will I do? was Re: New to group ballendo 2002-02-23 09:32:43 UTC How the tool moves Where will I go? What will I do? was Re: New to group