CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridgeport Boss 8 RS-232 question

on 2002-02-28 10:15:27 UTC
Alan,

The Boss-8 that I have worked on does have tach feedback. Both the
tach and the encoder were built into the motor assembly. The singing
noise that you hear is the PWM that goes on in the motor driver.

For assistance with communications to the Boss 8, contact me off list
with your questions.

Regards,
Steve Stallings

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Alan Hantke" <flyspeck1@a...> wrote:
> I'm trying to help a guy I know get a Bridgeport Boss 8 CNC working
through the serial port. Because this does not pertain to "building"
a CNC I am soliciting responses OFF the list. If I end up getting
this machine then I'll convert it and will get feedback ON the
list!!! Incidentally, that machine "sings" up a storm when the servo
amps are on. I noticed that it is using encoders only, no
tachometer. Made me wonder.... if you use a tach is the
system "quieter"? If not, what is the advantage of using a tach?
Seems like a lot of added work. Now those are topics that do belong
on the list. Therefore, if someone would like to comment on those
(not the BPort problem) please feel free to do so.

> --Alan

Alan Hantke 2002-02-27 23:32:24 UTC Bridgeport Boss 8 RS-232 question stephen_stallings 2002-02-28 10:15:27 UTC Re: Bridgeport Boss 8 RS-232 question Jon Elson 2002-02-28 10:41:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Boss 8 RS-232 question