CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:Stepper program w/Encoders?

Posted by bfp@e...
on 1999-12-04 17:05:43 UTC
> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:58:52 -0700
> From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>
> Subject: Stepper program w/Encoders?
>
> I seem to remember someone mentioning a stepper controller program that
> would support encoder feedback for a closed loop, but don't remember what
> the program was. Does anyone remember which program supports this
> functionality and the URL for it?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

Tim;

Here is a link that may be relevant
from the quick scan I did it doesn't seem that they are using the encoders
to close the motor loop so much but to give overall position feedback
there are some good reference links for encoders,steppers,drivers,etc
including some good code examples for software PWM microstepping
worth a look
http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~mbartels/altaz/altaz.html

Discussion Thread

bfp@e... 1999-12-04 17:05:43 UTC Re:Stepper program w/Encoders? PTENGIN@a... 1999-12-04 17:59:49 UTC Re: Re:Stepper program w/Encoders? Tim Goldstein 1999-12-04 18:27:06 UTC Re: Re:Stepper program w/Encoders?