CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Gecko NEMA 42 Modifications - will I need it ??

Posted by Peter
on 2002-03-03 06:35:05 UTC
I'm running 1870 oz-in NEMA42's direct driven via zero backlash
couplings on my BP clone and my Geckos don't have the NEMA42 mod. I've
not experienced any instability or mid band vibration problems in 6
months or so. I'm not sure the mod is always needed but it probably
can't hurt if you are buying new Geckos. As I mentioned in earlier
posts, you will have to watch your acceleration rates to maintain your
open loop accuracy.

Cheers, Peter