CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Has anyone set up EMC for windows

Posted by awemawson
on 2002-03-10 03:10:15 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "terrytwombly" <ttwombly@c...> wrote:
> Yes I am new to this group and this a long note but I need a lot of
> help. Thank you all in advance.
snip
> far. I am wondering, what am I doing. Has anyone out there done what
> I am doing? I am thinking of changing to Windows (I know it is
slower
> dose not do what Linux can do but I KNOW HOW TO USE IT)
>
> Has anyone set up EMC for Windows, or Deskncrt and had any
> success I would change from this Linux thing in about two seconds >
Terry Twombly

Terry,

The problem is that Windows trots off and does it's own thing at
random intervals, thus messing up the timing - it gives a variable
time response to interrupts, which can really mess up your finish as
your cutter pauses for Windows to do it's housekeeping.

EMC under Linux has the 'real time' extensions to keep it
concenrating on what you want it to do!

I sympathise re: finding your way arround Linux as I have the same
problem!

Andrew Mawson

Discussion Thread

terrytwombly 2002-03-09 20:36:05 UTC Has anyone set up EMC for windows awemawson 2002-03-10 03:10:15 UTC Re: Has anyone set up EMC for windows chewy8833 2002-03-10 06:15:47 UTC Re: Has anyone set up EMC for windows Tom Benedict 2002-03-11 07:42:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Has anyone set up EMC for windows