CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Has anyone set up EMC for windows

Posted by chewy8833
on 2002-03-10 06:15:47 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "terrytwombly" <ttwombly@c...> wrote:

> I now have EMC for Linux on a computer spent many hours getting this
> far. I am wondering, what am I doing. Has anyone out there done what
> I am doing? I am thinking of changing to Windows (I know it is
slower
> dose not do what Linux can do but I KNOW HOW TO USE IT)
>
> Has anyone set up EMC for Windows, or Deskncrt and had any
> success I would change from this Linux thing in about two seconds if
> you can tell me that it works. I do not need speed I need it to be
> working accurately. What I want to do with the mill, is all hobby
> stuff and after spending five hours looking around the Linux GUI, I
> still can not find out how to set up EMC. I know that Linux will
> control in real time and has many great features but HOW LONG before
> I can have it milling???????? I am old enough that I want to work on
> my hobby now, not when I get to be a real old man.
>
> Terry Twombly

I'm running Gecko servo's and Globe motors, EMC/Linux. Never missed a
"step"
If you are located in the US I can give you call and answer most of
your questions. It would be a lot faster ,..... Don't worry about the
call, it's free for me after 9 pm CT and weekends.

Frank Ulrich
FRP Enterprise
850-722-7713 <<< you can leave a callback # here or E-mail me direct
shymu@...

Discussion Thread

terrytwombly 2002-03-09 20:36:05 UTC Has anyone set up EMC for windows awemawson 2002-03-10 03:10:15 UTC Re: Has anyone set up EMC for windows chewy8833 2002-03-10 06:15:47 UTC Re: Has anyone set up EMC for windows Tom Benedict 2002-03-11 07:42:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Has anyone set up EMC for windows