CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Message archive - Anyone willing to host it?

Posted by imserv1
on 2002-03-14 18:53:54 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Engine Tech" <enginetech@c...> wrote:
> To clarify my last message.
>
> I have already run the message extract for the CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
group for
> personal use.
>
> It can be made available on the Internet as soon as someone
provides the
> space.

Ken,

16 Meg is a large file for those of us with dial up service.

It also would require a large pipeline if more than a couple people
want to download it at the same time. Potentially making a live
hosting quite expensive.

It might be that the archive has grown to the point that the best way
to share it is to start up a periodic, CD subscription service.

We have found that Our Vector customers like and use the Vector Forum
archive that we include on the Vector CD. Many of them are not adept
at navigating on line and they also have slow connections(some even
none). Ours is formatted in PDF with Acrobat. The total content is
of course much less that Cad-Cam-Edm-Dro archives, but I don't know
the limitations as to size for this type of file. The most simple
solution may be to burn it in HTML and not worry about it on a CD.
The present archive is only about 10% of a CD capacity, so there
would be some room to grow. The nice things about PDF, are that
Acrobat Reader includes text search capability, and the viewer may be
distributed without any royalties.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.vectorcam.com/cced2.html

Discussion Thread

Bruce Klawiter 2002-03-14 08:05:02 UTC Limit switch for home position? jeffdavis516 2002-03-14 08:50:15 UTC Re: Limit switch for home position? Engine Tech 2002-03-14 08:50:17 UTC Message archive - Anyone willing to host it? Engine Tech 2002-03-14 09:13:51 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Message archive - Anyone willing to host it? Monte Westlund 2002-03-14 09:24:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Message archive - Anyone willing to host it? Engine Tech 2002-03-14 09:35:13 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Message archive - Anyone willing to host it? imserv1 2002-03-14 18:53:54 UTC Re: Message archive - Anyone willing to host it? Chris L 2002-03-14 19:32:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Limit switch for home position?