CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Re: Stepper program w/Encoders?

Posted by John Beidl
on 1999-12-07 14:05:51 UTC
That is the reason I switched to FlashCut. All the critical timing is done in an external unit connected via a serial
interface.

If you are considering USB, take a look at the AnchorChip parts. They are 8051 like with a USB Serial Engine. They also allow
you to download the microcode when the device is attached so code updates are easy. I worked on a product using them about a
year ago.

John