CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI at NAMES was Re: EMC questions, steppermod? & what/why amps

Posted by Paul
on 2002-03-21 11:45:43 UTC
Hi Fred

You might want to retain a keyboard and monitor for basic sysadmin duties.
You never know, you might find you like playing with the penguin <g>.

The initial tests I have done here look to be promising. I can run EMC on one
dedicated P133 and use a GUI from any other linux computer on the network.
The MS box is proving to be a PITA, but this is down to software issues
rather than B. Gates.

Regards, Paul.

On Thursday 21 March 2002 15:32, IMService wrote:

> The process would be install the BDI, plug into the network, and actually
> RUN EMC from the MS/Win, Mac OS, etc machine.  No kbd, monitor, mouse
> needed on the BDI machine.  Hence the "Black box heaven or the real bdi"
> thread of a couple months ago. (Look for msg 38155 for the thread.)

> I hope to bring one of my dells (the intended BDI victim) a hub, and
> another computer ( probably the one attached to our Sherline with
> the rotary 4th axis).  If all goes well, we will run my Sherline with the
> black box BDI from my Wintel computer. I'll be able to program in Vector
> simultaneously while the other computer (the BDI) is running the Mill and
> be able to monitor status and control from the Wintel machine running
> Vector.
>
> In theory I should be able to use the BDI from my lap top too, there
> are lots of things that come to mind.

Discussion Thread

IMService 2002-03-21 07:28:23 UTC BDI at NAMES was Re: EMC questions, steppermod? & what/why amps Paul 2002-03-21 11:45:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BDI at NAMES was Re: EMC questions, steppermod? & what/why amps