CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yet Another Input Gizzy.

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-03-21 20:53:51 UTC
I used one of them on my CNC Machine but it was very short lived. Every time you want to use it, you must wiggle your fingers in through the hole to get at the buttons. There was no good way to
affix it or set it down and then quickly pick it up. Then when the little bugger is on your hand, you can't really type either.

The NEW rendition of that thing is at http://cyberguys.com/ under the input devices link. A few mice down (3 I think) shows their "Trackball Finger Mouse" which you can grab much faster because of
the open pistol grip design. It might be that one could make some type of quick mount to shove the front end of this thing "into" or on the side of a monitor or keyboard drawer.

There is one really flat mouse with a swivel center I used on a machine at a place I used to work. It worked very nice for NC machines in that once over the top of a gui "button", it would stay
there allowing you to click away without it moving off of the gui button. This helped immensly during jog operations.

I have not tried it yet but might when I send in my next order to these guys. If you have not looked through their catalog, you might want to for other interesting dealybobs to enhance your
cadcamedmdro experience. I bought a few of the five button mice and they work nice as you can program the buttons for key commands if you'd like.................

Chris L