CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: December build of EMC

Posted by Ray Henry
on 1999-12-14 05:25:16 UTC
I didn't have quite the same problem here. The ten step micro drivers I
use must make a difference. The motors sounded a bit like servos, (sorry
Jon E) really sweet at high speed. They had an interesting gait at really
slow speeds.

The rt was a real processor hog. I could see a real screen refresh war
going on between linux and rt with some pauses from half to whole seconds.
May be a problem with my patch.

Ray

-----om-----
From: "Matt Shaver" <mshaver@...>
>Subject: Re: December build of EMC

<snip>

>The 07-dec release was sort of an interim version Fred made for me to try out
>some new stepper motor code ideas. It didn't work for me either, but I do
>have some improvements you could try to patch in if you're interested. On
>Friday 10 Dec Fred brought an oscilloscope over to my shop and we spent 5 or
>6 hours experimenting with ways to improve the performance of my machine. As
>I have a full sized Bridgeport (big inertia), and resonance problems as well,
>my case is a tough one. We're now debating the next course of action, either
>continuing to try perfecting the present scheme or going with a whole new
>approach. If anyone out there has information on stepper motor drive
>algorithms, let us know!

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 1999-12-12 22:16:07 UTC December build of EMC Matt Shaver 1999-12-13 08:10:00 UTC Re: December build of EMC Harrison, Doug 1999-12-13 10:11:07 UTC RE: December build of EMC Jon Elson 1999-12-13 15:46:59 UTC Re: December build of EMC Ray Henry 1999-12-14 05:25:16 UTC Re: December build of EMC Jon Elson 1999-12-14 13:22:34 UTC Re: Re: December build of EMC