CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Linear encoder mount info

Posted by scyvt
on 2002-04-01 18:45:57 UTC
Tim

So you are saying that you didn't build linear encoders using Dan's
adaption of US Digital components - the pictures on your site were of
Dan's prototypes. A while back you were on a major "affordable linear
encoder" quest, so I assumed that this was the solution that you had
adopted. What did you settle on? Or did you conclude that linear
encoders were not so necessary?

Steve Clay-Young

PS Dan sent me (and Ken) off-list several jpg's that supplemented the
shots previously referenced. Perhaps it is now up to someone else to
take the next step of producing drawings, as apparently for Dan this
was a possible product idea that never took off.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Tim Goldstein" <timg@k...> wrote:
> The encoder mounts are actually Dan Mauch (Camtronics) design. He sent
> me the pictures and I put them on the web. Dan was considering selling
> the mounts, but I don't think he got enough interest. At any rate, that
> should get you back on the trail. Just shoot Dan an e-mail and ask him
> about them.
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

scyvt 2002-03-31 16:49:23 UTC Linear encoder mount info Tim Goldstein 2002-03-31 16:53:22 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linear encoder mount info scyvt 2002-04-01 18:45:57 UTC Re: Linear encoder mount info Tim Goldstein 2002-04-01 19:34:52 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Linear encoder mount info