CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Ball screws

Posted by batwings@i...
on 2002-04-07 05:22:50 UTC
At 10:12 PM 4/6/02 -0700, you wrote:
>turned the ball screw stock in as received condition on my Shoptask with
>carbide insert tooling. You have to take a mighty deep cut that goes all
>the way under the hardened skin taking it down below the root of the
>thread in one pass.

Easy way: grind the case off all the way thru the bottom of the track. Can
do this by hand with your tool grinding wheel. Then turn it.

Regards, Hoyt

Posts with .htm attachments are filtered to trash!
Belfab CNC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/belfab/belfab.html
Best MC Repair - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
Camping/Caving - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
Doubt the tolling of the clock, but not the crowing of the cock

Discussion Thread

Peter 2002-04-05 17:23:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Jeff Davis' CNC Retro Question - Ball screws Tim Goldstein 2002-04-06 21:12:12 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Jeff Davis' CNC Retro Question - Ball screws batwings@i... 2002-04-07 05:22:50 UTC Ball screws