CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC and Rounded Corners

Posted by Les Watts
on 2002-04-08 11:51:30 UTC
Yes the g61 mode looks interesting. I have not used it.
There might be some problems with chip load (in routers)
and heat (in plasma) when slowing down though.

I have thought before about changing spindle speed with
feed for constant chip load. I think this is done a lot in high performance
systems.I don't know much about plasma
torches, but I wonder if some parameter will give you the same cut at lower
speeds.

I am definitely in "turn it up and see how fast it will go"
mode with my new machine.

Might allow the whole thing to go a good bit faster, without
sledgehammer blow accelerations.

EMC certainly has the crunch capability to do stuff like this..
but a little code might have to be written, Alternatively a system that
controls rpm or some torch parameter based
on servo back emf or stepper pulse rate would be very easy
to do as a black box. Since the axes are orthagonal just the
square root of the sum of the emf or pulse rates would do it.
I might figure something up for this.
It could be very cheap if there is already a triac or vfd or
something already there to control the parameter.

Perhaps someone on the list has already done this.

Les
Leslie Watts
L M Watts Furniture
Tiger, Georgia USA