CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: BOBCad and Iges import

Posted by imserv1
on 2002-04-09 06:46:05 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "onecooltoolfool" <joevicar3@i...> wrote:

> I called BobCad and explained the problem. I told them I was using
> Rhino and I could export IGES with many different options that I
> really don't understand. I offered to email them the file.

Joe, the intent of the Vector Nurbs is to be compatible with programs
like Rhino. We don't really plan to compete in the design area, but
will focus on providing an economical yet accurate tool to machine
from Nurbs based models. The models will be editable in Vector, but
the Vector User Interface is strictly the classic windows Object-
Action. This is "backwards" to the traditional Autocad drawing style
which is the tree from which Rhino has grown. We had discussed even
the possibility of implementing open Nurbs, but that will probably
not be in the first release (if ever).

If you still have the file, I would like to use it to test the Vector
IGES import. Any chance you could e-mail me a copy?

If others have similar problem or interesting files, now is a very
good time to send a sample. However... no files over 1 meg please.
Zip them for best chance of error free transmission. Thanks in
advance for any samples sent.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/2002group.html

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

onecooltoolfool 2002-04-09 05:22:00 UTC BOBCad and Iges import Russell 2002-04-09 05:36:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BOBCad and Iges import Dave Lantz 2002-04-09 05:53:44 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BOBCad and Iges import imserv1 2002-04-09 06:46:05 UTC Re: BOBCad and Iges import ballendo 2002-04-14 03:32:33 UTC Re: BOBCad and Iges import