CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC Manual Moves

Posted by Matt Shaver
on 1999-12-23 00:50:40 UTC
> From: William Scalione <scalione@...>
>
> I have a question about using EMC in manual mode. Suppose I wish to
> move the X axis .1 inch using the keyboard right arrow key. If the
> feedrate override is set high, hitting the key and letting go will
> cause the axis to move the required distance. But when the feedrate
> override is set to about 20 if I do not hold the key down until the
> move is finished it will stop at some distance less than .1". Is this
> supposed to be this way? None of the shareware cnc programs I have
> tried act this way, but I have never used a commercial cnc program
> before and am unsure if this is right.
>
> I am using steppers, November ?? version, and the tcl/tk interface. I
> guess I should try the other older interface to see how that acts.

This is a bug in tkemc and Fred has fixed it (I talked to him yesterday). We
noticed it last Friday while working with my machine. Xemc should work fine.
I expect there'll be a new release soon with this and other improvements.
Thanks for reporting this! If you notice anything else, don't hesitate to
post!

Matt

Discussion Thread

William Scalione 1999-12-22 22:18:56 UTC EMC Manual Moves Matt Shaver 1999-12-23 00:50:40 UTC Re: EMC Manual Moves Jon Elson 1999-12-23 12:01:44 UTC Re: EMC Manual Moves William Scalione 1999-12-24 00:06:09 UTC Re: EMC Manual Moves William Scalione 1999-12-24 00:15:12 UTC Re: EMC Manual Moves Matt Shaver 1999-12-24 21:27:13 UTC Re: EMC Manual Moves