CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC Manual Moves

on 1999-12-24 00:06:09 UTC
Jon Elson wrote:

> From: Jon Elson <jmelson@...>
>
> William Scalione wrote:
>
> > From: William Scalione <scalione@...>
> >
> > I have a question about using EMC in manual mode. Suppose I wish to
> > move the X axis .1 inch using the keyboard right arrow key. If the
> > feedrate override is set high, hitting the key and letting go will
> > cause the axis to move the required distance. But when the feedrate
> > override is set to about 20 if I do not hold the key down until the
> > move is finished it will stop at some distance less than .1". Is this
> > supposed to be this way? None of the shareware cnc programs I have
> > tried act this way, but I have never used a commercial cnc program
> > before and am unsure if this is right.
>
> You have the choice of jog moves being either continuous or incremental.
> In continuous, it will stop wherever it is when the stop jogging message gets
> through to the motion routine in the real time section.
>
> In incremental, you have the choice of how far each move should be,
> 1", .1", .01", .001", or .0001". You select continuous jog with the C
> key, and select incremental and step through the increment sizes with the
> I key.
>
> If you already know all this, then there could be a bug/discrepancy in
> the version you are using.
>
> Jon

Jon;

that was with .1" selected, Matt mentioned a bug, which is now fixed
Thanks
Bill

Discussion Thread

William Scalione 1999-12-22 22:18:56 UTC EMC Manual Moves Matt Shaver 1999-12-23 00:50:40 UTC Re: EMC Manual Moves Jon Elson 1999-12-23 12:01:44 UTC Re: EMC Manual Moves William Scalione 1999-12-24 00:06:09 UTC Re: EMC Manual Moves William Scalione 1999-12-24 00:15:12 UTC Re: EMC Manual Moves Matt Shaver 1999-12-24 21:27:13 UTC Re: EMC Manual Moves