CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: mini-Robo

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-04-14 04:27:30 UTC
Andrew,

The minirobo plans used to be available on the super-tech website.
(Back when the machines themselves were made of acrylic or
polycarbonate plastic). Then the minirobo3 came out, made of melamine
particle board (like Home depot shelving), and the plans on their
site disappeared. As did some pics of the plastic minirobos. The
plans were here in the files section; don't know if they still are.

But Dennis bohlke (owner of supertech) had printed on the plans that
one could make one machine for personal use without paying any fee.

The reason I have spent all this time explaining the plans approach
is that I feel the current minirobo is vastly overpriced...

It does appear to work well, and has pretty impressive speed.

(your other questions have already been answered)

Good Luck, hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "andrewyslee" <andrewlee@s...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking at the mini-Robo XXYZ machine that has the option of
> using Gecko drives, but am worried about whether it can handle 2.5
or
> 3D machining as the website say s:0.0025"
>
> single step movement on X/Y axis.
> Manual head movement via software.
>
> and I don't understand what it means.
> Anyone knows about the mini-Robo?
>
> Can it use other software like CNC Pro, TurboCNC, Deskam, etc.?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lee

Discussion Thread

andrewyslee 2002-04-10 01:46:22 UTC mini-Robo John Guenther 2002-04-10 05:38:44 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] mini-Robo ballendo 2002-04-14 04:27:30 UTC Re: mini-Robo