CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] emc - bridgeportio - bridgeporttask - help

ja_erickson wrote:

> evening,
>
> i have the need to energize a lube pump every half hour for a 30
> second interval through e.m.c. i have talked to ray henry and he
> suggested that i post a message to see if anyone could help. he
> mentioned that bridgeportio and bridgeporttask might already have
> this feature in it but i dont know how to find this out. i am
> currently using minimillio and any advise or guidance about this
> would really be appreciated.

Do you really need it under computer control? I suspect that you have
a "machine on" output on the parallel port, whether you are using it to
control your servo amps or stepper drivers or not. You could hook up
two relatively cheap timer-relays (one 30 min, one 30 sec) in a ring,
and have the 30 sec one also drive the lube pump. If this is driven off
the "machine on" SSR, then it would not pump lube any time the machine
was in ESTOP, or powered off.

The only reason I can think of for really wanting it under computer
control is to have the CPU count up the inches of motion and call for
lube after so many inches of travel, or so many minutes if not moving
much.

Yes, there is some lube code in EMC, but I think it may be more
aimed at checking the lube tank level than lubing the machine.

ja_erickson 2002-04-18 22:19:51 UTC emc - bridgeportio - bridgeporttask - help Jon Elson 2002-04-18 23:22:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] emc - bridgeportio - bridgeporttask - help