CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Basic functions of cnc required by Gcode was Universal Stepper...

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-04-22 02:29:27 UTC
Paul,

You may find it helpful to look at the "canonical" commands list as
used by EMC. You can find it/them on the NIST site. (I don't know if
they are in the linuxcnc.org handbook? Ray? Paul?) These are
the "base level" instructions put out by the EMC G code interpreter.

Therefore, a look through the listing shows what "basic" actions a
machine/device must be capable of doing to perform all of the Gcode
which is supported by EMC. And it has a fairly large gcode list
supported.

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Paul R. Hvidston" <paulh@u...> wrote:
> Jon,
>
> I'm confused ( no surprise there ;-) ). Does your board simply
output
> independent channels of step pulses, possibly with trapezoidal
accel/decel?
> If so how does it handle curved paths? Hopefully I'm missing
something here.

> On a slightly larger topic, what must such a device be capable of
doing to
> handle the capabilities of G-codes? Is it limited to linear and arc
> profiles? That's all I'm seeing in the G-codes (granted helixes are
just a
> third axis in synchronized linear motion).
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Paul R. Hvidston, N6MGN
> ACKSYS Engineering
> Upland, CA

Discussion Thread

Paul R. Hvidston 2002-04-21 10:30:35 UTC Universal Stepper, Formerly: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless servo drive - Cheap Solution????? Jon Elson 2002-04-21 12:18:09 UTC Re: Universal Stepper, Formerly: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless servo drive - Cheap Solution????? ballendo 2002-04-22 02:29:27 UTC Basic functions of cnc required by Gcode was Universal Stepper...