CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Universal Stepper, Formerly: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless servo drive - Cheap Solution?????

on 2002-04-21 10:30:35 UTC
Jon,

I'm confused ( no surprise there ;-) ). Does your board simply output
independent channels of step pulses, possibly with trapezoidal accel/decel?
If so how does it handle curved paths? Hopefully I'm missing something here.

On a slightly larger topic, what must such a device be capable of doing to
handle the capabilities of G-codes? Is it limited to linear and arc
profiles? That's all I'm seeing in the G-codes (granted helixes are just a
third axis in synchronized linear motion).

Thanks a bunch,

Paul R. Hvidston, N6MGN
ACKSYS Engineering
Upland, CA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Elson" <elson@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2002 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless servo drive - Cheap
Solution?????

> Tim Goldstein wrote:
>
> > Are they for sale yet???
>
> I guess they are for sale, but there's a slight problem. the hardware
> works fine, I have diagnostic software that exercises all features of the
> card. But, I have a problem getting the digital I/O working in EMC.
> I plan to demo this stuff at the NAMES show next weekend, so I
> have to fix it. But, it isn't working right now.
>
> See http://pico-systems.com/univstep.html for more details.
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

Paul R. Hvidston 2002-04-21 10:30:35 UTC Universal Stepper, Formerly: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless servo drive - Cheap Solution????? Jon Elson 2002-04-21 12:18:09 UTC Re: Universal Stepper, Formerly: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless servo drive - Cheap Solution????? ballendo 2002-04-22 02:29:27 UTC Basic functions of cnc required by Gcode was Universal Stepper...