CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: The Resurection

Posted by Peter Smith
From: Tim Goldstein <timg@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Sent: 29 December 1999 18:05
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] The Resurection

> From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>

Hello Tim
I had replaced quite a few of the small caps, and some of the
mossfets before I went to see Paul, but not having the equipment to do
proper checks I was working in the dark, I had a hard job trying to get
PBD3517 chips in small quantity over here (ive got loads now), I finaly had
to get them from Ericsson. I also renewed the 555 timer, and I have fitted a
separate logic supply, (and all this through connecting up with the cap
fully loaded, so be warned any of you non electronic types, be carefull when
working with any capacitors).

I had already fitted a printer socket to the case with screened leads
to the four pin headers ready for final assembly, but the built in 555 had
just normal cable attached for test purposes, and this was the problem with
the interference on the Z axis, I hope to have it rigged to the Mill
next week some time, I will then do a comparison between it and compucut for
power and speed etc, but I can tell that the motors are about 2.5 times
faster with Dans board, and sound much sweeter in operation, I might resign
the compucut board to the sherline project or the grinder, the grinder might
be better as the loads are small, and it won't need any great speed, its for
doing small internal cams.
I hope your not claiming royalties off your patent screening
device.

Best Wishes
Peter Smith

> Peter,
>
> So what were the parts that you had to replace??
>
> Glad to hear that my high tech sheilding technique worked for you!!
>
> Tim
> [Denver, CO]
>
> > Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
> To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
> Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
> Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
> For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> bill,
> List Manager

Discussion Thread

Peter Smith 1999-12-29 09:30:45 UTC The Resurection Tim Goldstein 1999-12-29 10:05:35 UTC Re: The Resurection Peter Smith 1999-12-29 14:32:11 UTC Re: The Resurection Paul Corner 1999-12-29 16:07:02 UTC Re: The Resurection Peter Smith 1999-12-30 06:58:35 UTC Re: The Resurection Tim Goldstein 1999-12-30 11:32:29 UTC Re: The Resurection Peter Smith 2000-01-04 10:37:23 UTC Re: The Resurection Tim Goldstein 2000-01-04 12:06:30 UTC Re: The Resurection Dan Mauch 2000-01-04 16:21:24 UTC Re: The Resurection Tim Goldstein 2000-01-04 22:30:16 UTC RE: The Resurection