CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: How to setup STG-II?

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2002-05-08 13:10:00 UTC
Babar

Tim gave an excellent response. I just want to add a couple other thoughts.

>    From: "Tim Goldstein" <timg@...>

The version that you are currently running may be a freqmod version and it
will stall out a slow machine. To see how it runs with a servo system, you
could start up the sim.

One other thing that can happen that will slow down your PC is if you start
and stop the emc a lot and some real time stuff gets left around from run to
run. You can fix these easily with a reboot or you can contact me off list
for a procedure that will drag them out of the kernel.

> > 4) what will happen if BDI EMC install confilicts with any system's
> > hardware will it stop installation or will  it install successfully
> > and later on during operation it may cause trouble?
>
> If Linux does not like your hardware you will know right away.

It sounds like you have a BDI running. If so, Linux likes your machine or at
least is not violently opposed to the essential parts of it. The bdi uses
Red Hat's install routines. These are really very good at recognizing the
essential parts of your system and configuring the Linux kernel and modules
to run well with them.

Now to the question of how to set up the STG to run. I heard from Paul while
he was working with Les that there are a few problems yet with the newest STG
driver newstgmod.o. I'm sure that he will find your post when he gets back
to Norwich and will fill you in on what those problems are and how to work
around them.

HTH

Ray

Discussion Thread

riet91 2002-05-08 04:45:38 UTC How to setup STG-II? Tim Goldstein 2002-05-08 09:02:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to setup STG-II? Ray Henry 2002-05-08 13:10:00 UTC Re: Re: How to setup STG-II? Babar 2002-05-15 05:14:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to setup STG-II? Babar 2002-05-17 05:04:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to setup STG-II? Jon Elson 2002-05-17 09:49:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to setup STG-II? Jon Elson 2002-05-17 09:59:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to setup STG-II?