CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: stepper Motor Controller

on 2000-01-02 14:01:09 UTC
Below is listed a support site for Kevin Carrol's
work on Stepster. I am not sure if Charles has
any hardware info.

http://www.thegallos.com/stepster.htm

Steve

----------
From: SNTLewis@...
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper Motor Controller
Date: Sunday, January 02, 2000 12:24 PM

From: SNTLewis@...

In a message dated 1/2/00 11:53:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, av1a@...

writes:

<< I want to know is there is any schematic (circuit) and documentation
available
for stepper motor contoller which connects with Parallel port . beacuse i
want
to make the stepper amplifier myself.

There is scads of this information available on several different types of
controller hook-ups, e.g. bipolar, unipolar, L/R, chopper, etc. A good
place
to start is at the following BBS - "www.eio.com\public\stepper" Of
particular interest is the Ericsson and SGS-Thomson Websites. Sorry but I
can't remember then and I don't have them marked. Check out posts by Kevin

Carrol as his design used the Ericsson chips. I used the SGS-Thomson set.

Kevin has since died but I and others have his board design.

Hope this helps...

In His Service+

Stan Lewis

Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
bill,
List Manager

Discussion Thread